Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beth's Plan


I am now focusing on my 2-3 servings of milk (I get it through yogurt and cheese)
    * 5 fruits and veggies
    * 3 lean meats (a little harder for me)
    * 2 tsp oil (VERY important for our skin, hair and heart)
        (I just bought flax seed oil, going to try it in my smoothies)
    * 5-6 servings of water (NO prob for me)

With my initial weight, age, and female  my daily points are 24.  With
35 flex points weekly (or break up into 5 extra a day).

(ELVIN HAS LOST 12 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS....he is no longer tracking points, but watching what he eats.  He said he can live like this and is happy with the food)

Now, I am making chicken breast (3 pnts, mushrooms sauteed 0 pts, provolone low fat slice 2 pts) with frozen chinese veggies, or green giant steamers (pretty good) especially the snow peas.
Or a medium potato (no butter, but with A-1 steak sauce 0 pts). and veggies.

Also, my fav. is a pizza on honey wheat pita bread.  Pizza sauce is 0 pts.  I put any veggie, mushrooms and 1/4 cup low fat mozz cheese (2
pts.) bake it in my little counter top convection oven and it is good. 
Chloe likes them too.  I LOVE PIZZA.  Oh, I also will put turkey pepperoni on it.  4-5 slices is 1/4 of a point.  THE REAL PEPPERONI is HIGH in points.  Really all meat is.  Chicken, deer and turkey are just lower in points. (and better for us)

Rosalynn (Elvin's sister) told me to be prepared.  Get snacks and keep them in my truck and at home, and in my back pack (I take to the cafe). 
She was right.  I always have:
90 cal fiber one 1pt
veggies 0 pt
10 cal. jello (in cold section at store) 0 pt ww yogurt 1 pt.
ww ice cream bars (the boxes are marked with the pts) YUMMY (regular size) fiber one 2 pts (elvin likes these...he gets more pts than me though)

Monday diary:
coffee with amaretto cream  3 pts
fiber one  1 pt
banana 2 pt
        = 5 pts - 24 = 19 pts left

fiber one 1 pt  (I was on the go and had appts, so I was glad to have a
snack)

cauliflower 0 pt
whole wheat toast 2
2 tblsp. peanut butter 4
honey 1
= 8 pts - 19 = 11 pts left (it was probably 2 pm right here) I have plenty of points left for the evening.  I try to only eat 4-5 pts at a time.  The peanut butter and wheat and honey was a treat for me!

Dinner was 2 turkey soft shell taco's.
2 shells 2 pts
1/4 c. turkey/taco meat 1.5 pts
1/4 c cheese 1
1/4 c refried beans .5
1/4 c guacamole  2 (it was homemade and worth every point!) = 7 pts - 11 left = 4 more points available.

They stress to use all your points!  I did at first.  But now I don't have to.  My tummy is use to smaller portions.  Actually, I felt sick for 2-3 hours after this because I ate to much.

Also, we love the flat out wraps.  Light Italian and the wheat.  1 pt. 
With 6 slices of  fat free turkey (from the pre-sliced area by the
cheeses) 1 pt.  I put low fat jal. cheese slice 2 pts. lettuce, red or orange peppers, and mustard are all free points.  This is a huge wrap. 
Elvin loves them.  I also will put turkey pepp on it too.

I am still getting new ideas.  I made deer chili.  I did not want the cracker points anyway 18 goldfish are 1 point.  So I put them in it and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment