Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2

So I decided I'd go for a walk/jog with my kids tonight.  Ella in the jog stroller, Grant on his bike and me desperately trying to keep up with him.  As if that wasn't hard enough, when I'd stop running and walk for a while Ella would say "Go fast, mama!"  LOL!  Most of the time my legs felt like bricks but I eventually got a little bit of a rythym and felt strong...  for about 45 seconds at a time.  :-)  All in all I did about 30 min's.  It was rough and it made me realize this is going to be harder than I thought. Normally I just walk or bike but I really wanted to do something to get my heart rate up.  That it did!
I would love to do a step contest.  Of course everyone knows I'm competitive.  (Although I think Beth and Robin may be more so than I)... Do we want the winner to get a monetary reward?  If so we could all chip in $10 to a "kitty" and the winner would get about $80!  (She'll need it to buy new clothes for her new fit bod).  LMK what you think. 
I've been thinking about getting a "pretty tumbler" for my water consumption too, Megan.  I think I will go look for one tomorrow.  Isn't it funny the little things that keep us on track? 
I just read this today so I thought I'd leave you with this final piece of inspiration...
"After just 25 minutes of exercise, your mood improves, you are less stressed, you have more energy - and you'll be motivated to exercise again tomorrow."  Go girls!

1 comment:

  1. After just 25 minutes of drinking wine my mood will also improve, I will be less stressed and while I may not actually have more energy I will think that I do!

    ReplyDelete