Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Friends Don't Let Friends....

By Robin Jessogne

In case any of you think that Dawn is the perfect fit minded person, let me be the first to reassure you she is not!  Which is really good considering the level of competitiveness I feel with her when it comes to eating right, so any chance I get to make her look bad I'm all for it (heehee).  Here's the story:

On Monday, a few of us were sitting around her patio table snacking on veggies and trying to be good (diet-wise).  The kids needed to eat dinner early, so Dawn whipped up some food for them, including some mac and cheese.  Grant didn't finish his so she took it outside to give to Ella - who really didn't want any part of it; strangely enough considering she's a mac and cheese eating fool.  Anyway, I guess after staring at the bowl long enough Dawn lost all sense of willpower and reached for it.  Immediately, as if I had been possessed by some diet mafia personality, I grabbed it out of her hands and scolded her for her actions.  The poor girl hadn't even gotten a bite in when I came flying out of nowhere to stop her from her own tempestuous fate. 

I guess you could say that while I'm competitive and like to win, I certainly am not going to let a sister down when she is being called by the mac and cheese right there in front of me.  What kind of friend would I be if I had let her eat that?  ...especially after all the wine she had!!!

1 comment:

  1. And I so appreciate you not letting a sister down! Thank you girl!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete